Tuesday 29 April 2014

Post Easter Holiday Reflections

I would have posted this a lot earlier, but I have just moved house. Nonetheless, university does not wait for those sorts of things. My learning challenge has been going strong, but there are some changes I have made in order to more effectively reach my goals.

Firstly, since learning a large amount of kanji at once is quite difficult, I have decided to split my learning up into the ones I have the most difficulty with. In this way I can ensure that I am getting the most out of each and every study session. Next, I have decided to stop using Kanji Flip, since the lack of customisability does not work with my plans. Finally, I am going to try writing each kanji down as I learn it, in order to further solidify my knowledge of it.

In terms of quantitative measurements, I now have a total of 115 kanji that I am able to recognise. Being almost all of the kanji in my list, I find this to be a great step forward. However, the writing is still proving to be a barrier, as I am now still only able to write 68 different kanji.

I plan to get a lot of study done this week, and with any luck these changes will bear significant fruit!

No comments:

Post a Comment