Saturday 17 May 2014

Progress Report: 5/05/2014

Well, apparently I didn't actually post this, so I'd better get up to speed.

My learning challenge has been full speed ahead, although my blog has been left a little by the wayside. I have been finding it advantageous to use my hour-long commute (via ferry) to study, which certainly helps with allocating time. Splitting up the kanji I have been learning also helps very much; seeing as the ones I use regularly do not need any study at all.

A bigger challenge, however, is the kanji which look similar to one another. For instance, the kanji shown below.

When there is a difference of a single stroke in a kanji, it becomes very easy to mix them up. In order to avoid this, I need to focus on these ones, and the differences between them. If I make a list to learn of just these types, perhaps I can get around this problem.

Now, in terms of learning, I have managed to learn to recognise 119 kanji, which is very close to my list of 124. This, however, is the easy bit. The more difficult part is in no way catching up to these totals, something which worries me greatly, and I find myself thinking that perhaps this kind of learning is best completed over a long period of time, to not only learn them but also solidify this knowledge so that it cannot be forgotten. Speculation aside, my totals for writing are 73. And while this is progress, I would have liked to see more progress. Perhaps in future weeks I will be able to report more success.

No comments:

Post a Comment