Monday 7 April 2014

Learning Challenge Day 1 - Ground Work

Welcome, everyone, to my learning challenge blog, since I have failed to welcome you. Today I started on the first stage of my challenge - the preparation. Here is, in order, a list of the things I have done:
  • Added my list of kanji to the 'iKanji Touch' app.
  • Check my flash cards for missing ones and replaced the ones I lost.
  • Tested my recognition and writing of kanji.
While it did take a while, I am now completely prepared. So, what about my recognition? Well, out of a pool of 124 kanji which I tested; I was able to recognise and give meanings for 93 of them, but I was only about to write 59 of them. And while it may seem that I am close to my goal already, the remaining 60 kanji have already proven elusive to me. By rights I should have memorised them already. I will also be increasing my pool of 'to learn' kanji during the course of the project with the kanji we are currently learning in class.

Now, during the week I will sort out which slots I am going to use for kanji practice; and I will update it on here when I have finalised the times which I have available for this.

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment